Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oldie but Goodie

I have been wearing my Urban Outfitters "boys" British flag tee, paired with jeans and my Adidas hi-tops for quite some time, and I still can't get enough of this style. It's so comfy, easy and no matter how you look at it, kinda cool.

I’m super excited because I finally have my British flag iPhone cases/wallets ready. I got the prototype few months ago and I fell in love. The first intention was to have one for myself. My precious! I don't know about you, but I absolutely HATE to go out with my purse or handbag no matter how cute it is or how it goes with my outfit. Soooo, I had this dream little wristlet in my head with the British flag which would go with anything...I gave my dad a ring. He is a genius when it comes to leather. Let me just tell you, he's been working, selling and making leather things (wallets, bags, belts and so on) since he was eleven. Yes, I said eleven, and yes, I said selling!
Anyways, I've begged him to do this for me and then I went a bit further and asked him for a small Union Jack handbag (that pic will come soon, it's almost done!).


Style note!
A key point on how to wear “it”. Just like leopard print, please don't overdo it. You're not supposed to "wear" the flag. Only ONE print/logo per outfit please. Pair a printed t-shirt with a black tailored jacket, flag Converse sneakers with a black and white striped t-shirt...Have fun with it and treat it as a pattern, just like the sailor trend, the British flag is one of the classics.


***little side note, there is no hidden political message here, it really is a well designed flag! No flags were destroyed in any of these projects!!***

My new iPhone wallet ...


Urban Outfitters Flask $18


Mohawk Fleece Hat from Nirvanna Designs


Leather Union Jack Heart Brooch by Love From Hetty and Dave's Shop on etsy $49




London Theme Charm Bracelet from Fluffington's Shop on etsy, $23

Asprey Jack Ruby Ring

Love Moschino patent leather Union Jack Flat, $225

No comments:

Post a Comment